Voluntary Administration Internship
HHUGS is recruiting!
Location: Brixton, London
Working Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm (35 hours)
Employment type: 3-6 months internship
Salary: The position is a rolling, voluntary position with a stipend available to cover local travel expenses and lunch. This role covers a 3-6 month term.
The role of the Administration Intern is to assist and support the charity’s activities in order to meet our aims and objectives. S/he will assist the Operations Manager and staff in their work. The CA Intern will undertake a range of activities that are integral to HHUGS’ work, from day-to-day administration of a busy marketing and fundraising office, to donor interaction, event co-ordination and community fundraising initiatives.
Administration / Donations
- Smooth operations of the HHUGS office on a daily basis.
- Process donations on a daily basis that are received via the post, via on-line portals and support the process of gathering this vital information for further communications.
- Generate thank you letters, certificates of thanks to organizations, donation receipts, and circulate appeals.
- Work with the Admin Team to ensure optimal use of the donor database.
- Support the increase of regular donor giving through different marketing methods.
- Ensure Gift Aid is recorded and supporting documentation obtained where applicable.
- Assist in recruiting volunteers and processing applications
- Maintain volunteer records
- Assist in the organisation of events and fundraising activities, donation campaigns, event stalls and challenges.
- Record, follow up and file events pledges and sponsorship.
- Help to maintain HHUGS presence on the web via social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and internet forums.
The intern will undertake any other duties of a similar nature, which are commensurate with the grade and seniority of the post.
The Intern will report to the Operations Manager. S/he will have regular contact with staff, keyworkers and volunteers, and sometimes with HHUGS’ beneficiaries.
Applicants should be team players, flexible, with good organisational and communication skills. The person should have good research skills and writing abilities. They should be able to work accurately, with a keen eye for detail as they will be dealing with mission-critical data and information. In addition, they should be diligent, motivated and reliable with some experience relevant to the role, as well as a strong commitment to the Charity’s values and ethos and an understanding and familiarity of Muslim culture.
To apply for this position please send your CV, cover letter and two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference ‘Intern Application’.