The Fundraising Manager will be responsible for developing and executing the fundraising and donor management strategy for HHUGS for it to fulfill its strategic and charitable objectives
POSITION TITLE: Fundraising Manager
REPORTS TO: Management Board
LOCATION: Brixton, London
HOURS: Full time
SALARY: Competitive. Negotiable, dependent on experience.
Helping Households Under Great Stress (HHUGS) is the only UK registered charity of its kind providing assistance to Muslim households impacted by counter-terrorism, national security and extremism-related laws, policies and procedures, in the UK and abroad. We strive to bring relief and support to households devastated by anti-terror raids by offering friendship in addition to emotional, financial, and practical support, advice and information through a country-wide network of dedicated volunteers. Since its inception in 2004, HHUGS has been a beacon of light to families struggling to survive in the shadows of society. HHUGS aims to provide the crucial emotional and moral support and practical skills necessary to empower these invisible victims to re-emerge from the darkness as confident individuals and full members of society.
The Fundraising Manager will be responsible for developing and executing the fundraising and donor management strategy for HHUGS in order to fulfil its strategic and charitable objectives.
- Providing necessary levels of leadership, motivation, direction, support and advice to the Fundraising Team to ensure maximum return on fundraising campaigns.
- Meet income targets by developing, implementing and managing the fundraising strategy
- Grow income over the next 5 years and improve the sustainability of the organisation by proactively securing funds from new income streams, such as grants, major donors, corporate funding and legacy funding.
- Oversees all fundraising activities and functions;initiating, coordinating, and implementing systems, policies, and procedures, ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Developing and presenting regular operational and financial reports to the Board of Trustees, stakeholders, donors and partners.
- Develop existing fundraising base and build on existing relationships with donors, volunteers and funders.
- Effectively manage and grow charity volunteers to deliver fundraising activities and campaigns.
- Identify and research potential funding opportunities from existing and new funding sources.
- Identify and develop grant proposals for projects that could attract Corporate and Institutional grant funding.
- Establish links with voluntary and statutory bodies to help promote the work of HHUGS and secure regular funding.
- Increase funding opportunities by researching and targeting charitable trusts whose criteria match the charity's aims and activities
- Developing long term sustainability plan and fundraising strategy for HHUGS
- Build a major donor cultivation and relationship management strategy.
- Develop systems to effectively build relationships and engagement with major donor prospects.
- Ensure grants are effectively managed and reported on.
Campaign & Event Management
- Plan and manage fund-raising functions and events, including post-event activities and donor follow-up.
- Responsible for the development of all marketing collateral to promote fundraising campaigns and events (copy, design and media).
- Organise traditional activities such as sponsored challenges, mosque and community collections, seasonal and grass roots campaigns.
Establishing links with sympathetic media outlets for fundraising and PR opportunities including ethnic TV and Radio outlets
- Developing and coordinate online fundraising campaigns and events.
- Responsible for the management of social media platforms and email to increase donor reach and awareness of HHUGS’ work.
- Writing applications and mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a wide range of potential and current donors.
- Preparing and delivering presentations for potential donors and partners.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all donor and fund development records.
- Accountable for the implementation and management of the Donor CRM system across the fundraising department.
- Prepares reports for the Board and Managing Director as required and necessary.
- Responsible for accurate capture and record of Gift Aid data for the Finance Manager
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure that budgets and reports are prepared effectively and accurately
- Work closely with Finance Manager to keep track of the forecast vs achieved income in relation to the organisational budget
Networking and Partnerships
- To assist in actively promoting the services of the charity through appropriate channels and at appropriate platforms; upholding and promoting the charity’s values and ethos.
- To share responsibility for effective communication to stakeholders, donors, partner organizations and external audiences, and ensure that relevant agencies are aware of the charity, have the necessary materials and literature.
- To remain up to date on opportunities that may arise as relevant to the charity – including networking and knowledge sharing.
Representing HHUGS at conferences, seminars and relevant events.
Education: Degree/experience in appropriate field
- Proven record of accomplishment in fundraising projects and event management with a minimum of 3 years' experience
- Proven record of accomplishment in team management with a minimum of 3 years' experience
- Substantial experience of planning and managing budget with raising an annual income of up to £700k
- Proven record of accomplishment of project management with a minimum of 2 years' experience
- Working within the charity sector and with Muslim communities and organisations
Skills and Competencies
- Proven project and event management skills
- Proven fundraising skills with the ability to achieve financial targets
- Excellent rganisational, and time management skills
- Political sensitivity and ability to apply good judgment in decision making
- Excellent presentation and persuasion skills, both spoken and written
- Computer literacy including Word, Excel and PowerPoint (or equivalents)
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- High level of initiative, efficiency and self-motivation
- Excellent staff management and inter-personal skills
- Knowledge and interest in human rights and justice issues
- Able to maintain strong working relationships with key donors.
- Strong team working orientation, with the ability and social skills to work collaboratively with staff at all levels.
- Willingness to do own administrative tasks
- Willing and able to work evenings and weekends to support fundraising events as and when required.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the UK, including at weekends, where necessary
- Strategic thinking and the ability to spot opportunities
- Confident and assertive, dynamism and the ability to motivate people
- Share a deep passion for the objectives of HHUGS
- Broad knowledge, empathy and understanding of Islamic principles
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The post holder must be available for the core hours of 9am-5pm weekdays from our Brixton office.
Salary is competitive and negotiable, dependent on experience, with holiday allowance for 30 days per annum.
The post holder must be legally entitled to work in the UK, with no contra-indications in personal background or criminal record indicating the unsuitability to work with children, youth, vulnerable clients and finance. A CRB check may be required as appropriate.
The post holder will undertake any other duties of a similar nature, which are commensurate with the grade and seniority of the post.
HOW TO APPLY
DEADLINE: Sunday 16th April, 2017, 11.59pm.
Due to the volume of applications received, we regret that we will not be able to contact applicants unless you are short listed for an interview. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours of the application deadline, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Due to time and capacity constraints, we are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.